Social Media and Digital Marketing Officer
The Social Media Officer works to enhance the digital reputation and positioning of the organization, in line with the goals and objectives of the organization institutional strategies. He/She supports organization’s efforts to connect with relevant audiences through digital content and channels by editing, creating and publishing content in different channels and promoting it accordingly.
This is a full-time position with the duty station in Baku and field trips to the regions upon request and needs of the projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops digital and social media plans in line with the organization’s priority themes and lead on their execution.
- Manages social media accounts for organization delegation in Baku, using industry best practices and metrics benchmarks.
- Creates content for digital channels and ensures accurate, timely and effective delivery of content, optimized for search and audience engagement.
- Reinforces the delegation’s digital engagement with the community, through the development of new ideas and tools.
- Reports on performance and turns insights into strategy and content improvements.
- Develops strategies and ideas to shape and drive digital campaigns (short and long-term).
- Sets up performance indicators and benchmarks for online platforms and conducts ongoing evaluation of the success of digital content initiatives after publication
- Develops and implements marketing and campaigning techniques aiming to engage and grow audiences across digital channels.
- Supports internal capacity-building and knowledge on digital best practices, with a focus on content development and audience engagement.
To be successful in this position, you should possess the following qualifications and experience and have the following characteristics:
- University degree in a relevant field such as communications, journalism, marketing, political science or international relations.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a field relevant to digital communication (managing websites, social media platforms, video projects etc.)
- Fluent spoken and written in English and Azerbaijani.
- Experience in publishing and engaging using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience in web editing.
- Familiarity with ad management (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter).
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office)
- Proven experience in photography, videography, design and video editing software is an asset
We expect you to have the ability to work with different groups, partners and nationalities. You should be self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles. You should be flexible, enthusiastic and have the willingness to learn from others. You should also be able to work independently, as well as work effectively under supervision of the senior management. You should feel confident in managing different tasks and coordinating with various internal and external interlocutors. You should have the proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines. You should have the ability to establish and maintain positive working relations in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
What we offer
- A dynamic and challenging work setting in the humanitarian environment;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A competitive salary plus benefits based on the organization`s Compensation and Benefits framework.
How to applyYou are welcome to send your CV